Saturday, January 21, 2012

Breakfast Smoothie

I don't know about you all, but I am NOT a breakfast person. Because of sugar content, I don't buy cereal for me or my family and I don't buy Pop Tarts because I don't think they're healthy.  I don't eat eggs, bacon, ham, etc, because of my vegetarian/vegan diet, and I have never liked pancakes, french toast, or waffles. 

   Don't get me wrong, I DO eat them sometimes, when I find the right recipe and have the right amount of motivation. 

   But I DO love smoothies!! They are so easy to make, and don't take many ingredients, so you can make healthy breakfast/lunch/dinner smoothies no matter what your income/budget. That's part of why I love them so much! 

   All you need is orange juice (I use Albertson's brand), frozen berries (Again, I use Albertson's brand mixed berries), ice cubes, seven up (or Sprite) and a blender. 


    I usually don't condone drinking soda for breakfast, but I only make this every once in a while, and besides, Sprite is caffeine free anyway so it's harmless, right? 

   Anyway, all you need to do is put 2 cups of orange juice into the blender, and then two cups of Sprite (the whole can). Then add 4 ice cubes and the berries (I used 6 oz, which was half of the 12 oz bag)








   
   Blend all of the ingredients together, until smooth. I'm afraid I just got my blender not too  long ago and am still trying to figure out how to use it properly, so I had to first use the blend feature, then the ice crush feature, then I blended it all together again. There is probably an easier way to do it, but I can't live like that. 







   I love the color and the texture of this smoothie. It's full of antioxidants, it's bubbly, and colorful. My kids love it and think they're getting a treat.  We use red plastic cups because my kids break things easily and we're really classy.






No comments:

Post a Comment